HELP YOUR GEAR LAST
Why extend the life of gear? Because the best thing we can do for the planet is cut down on consumption and get more use out of stuff we already own.
Avoid unnecessary repair or replacement costs and protect your investment with these tips for Drysuits, Drytops & Dry pants.
- Remove jewelry before you put on or take off the suit/top.
- Wearing socks inside your suit/pants will help keep everything clean inside
- Be sure to protect the waterproof socks by wearing closed shoes/socks
- If the item is used in seawater, rinse with fresh water after each use
- Fully dry the garment inside out after each use
- Do not use liquid laundry detergent or harsh chemicals when washing
- Use Revivex Pro Cleaner designed for cleaning technical outerwear
- Hand washing and rinsing is recommended
- Air dry. Do not put items in a dryer
TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE
- Do not bend zippers during transport
- Keep out of the direct sun and hot vehicles
- Store neatly or on a hanger in a cool dry location
- Clean out obstructions and lubricate the zipper teeth. Never force the zipper to close as it could be damaged if closed over debris.
- Use Zipper Cleaner and Lubricant
- Never bend or crimp dry zippers
- New gaskets take some time to form to your body. Speed up the process by placing an object slightly larger than your neck, wrist or ankle in the gasket and let it sit for 12-24 hours
- Do not use chemicals such as insect repellent or sunscreen around the latex. These products are known to cause significant damage to the latex
- Keep your gaskets lubricated and protected with Revivex UV Protectant
- Even with the best of care, the latex will break down over time. To avoid extra replacement costs, we recommend replacing the old gaskets at home. Check out our How to Replace a Neck Gasket video for tips and tricks doing it yourself.
- We recommend Revivex Durable Water Repellent to restore your gear's ability to repel water. Be sure to wash the garment first with a Revivex Pro Cleaner before using the spray-on waterproofing
- If your garment is experiencing severe "wet out" we suggest washing with Revivex Pro Cleaner, then using the Revivex Wash-In Water Repellent before applying a good coat of the Revivex Durable Water Repellent Spray.
- Always air dry before storage
- Store out of direct sunlight in dry, cool conditions
- Hang or loosely roll items
- Avoid humidity
END OF LIFE PRODUCT
- Contact us to see if we can repair damaged products to prolong the garments life before you throw it away. We might be able to repurpose it!
Visit our Repair & Replacement section for all our recommended products: https://levelsix.ca/collections/outerwear-repair-replacement
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com